SHORELINE MASTER PROGRAM
PERIODIC REVIEW PROJECT
Under state rules, all shoreline programs are due for a mandated "Periodic review" every eight years. Bridgeport's review is due in 2021. Staff has prepared a Public Participation Plan(PPP) for the performance of that review.
The purpose of the periodic review is to ensure that the City's adopted shoreline program remains consistent with changes made to the Washington State Shoreline Management Act (SMA) since the program's adoption.
Bridgeport's periodic review effort will include numerous ways to communicate information to shoreline property owners and the citizens of Bridgeport. Documents produced during the project will be posted below and updated as new drafts and information become available.
The expected calendar of events is as follows:
- City Council — PPP introduction — xxxxxx xx, 2021
- Planning Commission — PPP introduction — xxxxxx xx, 2021
- Community Survey — March 2021
- Mailing to property owners (US Mail) — xxxxxx xx, 2021
- Press release and news article — xxxxxx xx, 2021
- Webinar Open House --- February 4, 2021
- Conference Calls/Remote Meetings —
- Planning Commission Workshop —
- Notification to commerce for 60-day review —
- Mailing to property owners (US Mail) —
- Planning Commission Hearing —
- City Council Workshop —
Note: Meetings will be conducted via remote attendance due to COVID-19 restrictions. Please review the agenda for attendance information.
PERIOD REVIEW PROJECT DOCUMENTS
Periodic Review Checklist (Ecology)
Table of Contents for proposed Amendments
Shoreline Management Master Program proposed 2021 Amendments
Notice of Application and SEPA DNS
Proposed Drafting Adopting Ordinance
It is important to note that the restrictions of the new SMP apply to new construction/development only. Nothing in the new SMP will cause any existing structures or existing uses to have to cease. Any change and/or modification to these existing uses must follow all regulations under the new SMP.
EXISTING ADOPTED SHORELINE MASTER PROGRAM — 20XX