SHORELINE MASTER PROGRAM
PERIODIC REVIEW PROJECT
Under state rules, all shoreline programs are due for a mandated "Periodic review" every eight years. Bridgeport's review is due in 2021. Staff has prepared a Public Participation Plan(PPP) for the performance of that review.
The purpose of the periodic review is to ensure that the City's adopted shoreline program remains consistent with changes made to the Washington State Shoreline Management Act (SMA) since the program's adoption.
Bridgeport's periodic review effort will include numerous ways to communicate information to shoreline property owners and the citizens of Bridgeport. Documents produced during the project will be posted below and updated as new drafts and information become available.
The expected calendar of events is as follows:
- City Council — PPP introduction — February, 17, 2021
- Planning Commission — PPP introduction — January 7, 2021
- Community Survey — March 2021
- Mailing to property owners (US Mail) — March 19 & 22, 2021
- Press release and news article — February 2021
- Webinar Open House --- February 4, 2021
- Conference Calls/Remote Meetings —See PC Minutes
- Planning Commission Workshop —See PC Minutes
- Notification to commerce for 60-day review —June 2021
- Planning Commission Hearing —June 3, 2021
- City Council Workshop —See CC Minutes
PERIOD REVIEW PROJECT DOCUMENTS
Periodic Review Checklist (Ecology)
Table of Contents for proposed Amendments
Shoreline Management Master Program proposed 2021 Amendments
Notice of Application and SEPA DNS
Proposed Drafting Adopting Ordinance
Shoreline Designation Map
SEPA Environmental Checklist
It is important to note that the restrictions of the new SMP apply to new construction/development only. Nothing in the new SMP will cause any existing structures or existing uses to have to cease. Any change and/or modification to these existing uses must follow all regulations under the new SMP.
EXISTING ADOPTED SHORELINE MASTER PROGRAM — 2021